Monday, June 28, 2010

24 Days Left!

Wow.. Seems like time is flying by. I just counted and there are only 24 days left till I leave for Korea. Its been years since I've competed in any sort of tournament. Much less one as big as the World Championships. I just finished learning the last of my competition forms on Saturday. So now for the next 3 weeks I have to work on improving my form and making sure I have them memorized well enough that with all my nerves and such I'll still be able to perform them at the competition.

I'm scared, nervous and excited all bundled up in one. Its been a long time since I've been on a flight as long as the one to Korea is going to be. Not to mention the best way to combat the jet lag from such a long trip. I'm also going to need to get a couple of power adapters to take so I can charge my laptop while I'm over there. Fortunately new laptops are designed to accept voltages up to 240, which means that I don't need a power converter.

For the most part I've got everything ready. My passport is still good I've got luggage bags. The last thing I need to get clarification for is the best method for paying for stuff over there. Traveller's checks (exchanged for local currency) or use my VISA, but I'm thinking a mix of both.

I can't lose focus though even if there are 3 weeks left. Before I know it the time is going to be gone. Especially with all of the family and holiday things that will happen before then. 4th of July, a couple of family birthdays, and the Relay for Life will keep me busy till its time to leave.

Not much else to say at this time. Still looking for a video editing software so I can edit some of my videos and post them so people can see what I look like doing my forms. Also want to get some profile pics taken in my uniform for my Facebook page.

Peace...

2 comments:

  1. Wow! What an amazing opportunity/adventure!!! Best wishes to you during the competition and these remaining weeks leading up to it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know who's a great photographer? Either of the Daves in your competition-training class :) You should catch one of then afterwards to do a photo-shoot. I'm sure that either would be willing. AND you'd look totally sweaty and appropriate. lol

    ReplyDelete